Tips For a Healthy Week at Sea
• Use the stairs. Cruise ships have elevators, but I used the stairs instead of getting a free ride
• Use the Promenade Deck. At any time of day, passengers can be seen doing laps around the ship. I always walk with my iPod, mixing my tunes with the spectacular views.
• Use the spa and fitness center. I treated myself to a manicure, pedicure and hot stone massage. Perfect remedies for all that outdoor exercise I was enjoying.
• Sign up for active shore excursions. Whether it’s dog sledding or snorkeling, head for shore and take in the scenery with one of the local guides.
• Eat wisely. I only dined on the Lido Deck twice; all those food stations were too tempting. I usually ate breakfast and lunch in the Vista Dining Room or had room service. Lunch and dinner menus include a light and healthy section, and special dietary needs can be accommodated.
Read the rest of the story here